About the Bears
Each creation is designed and exquisitely handcrafted in Yorkshire by me, Kat Hartley.
My creations have travelled many miles to be with their new owners. Some have stayed in the UK, but many have gone as far as the USA and Australia.
To adopt your own one of a kind creation, go and check out the shop page.
• Each creation is one of a kind
• They are all made from the highest quality materials
• They are all filled with heavy-weight polyester fibre and steel shot, which makes them quite heavy, but just right for a cuddle
• All bears come with a sewn-in tag and an individually designed hang tag around their neck
• Each hang tag has a photo of the bear, details of all materials used in its creation and signed for authenticity.
• Birth certificates are also available by request, and are individually designed to complement the adopted bear
Commissions are undertaken
I take great pride in my work and hope that each adopted bear brings lots of happiness to their new families
I hope you enjoy your visit!
About the Artist
I live in Barnsley, South Yorkshire with my husband Rob and our German Shepherd dog, Shadow.
The first bear that I ever made was for my Aunt’s new baby in 2005. It was made from fleece and was unjointed.
I enjoyed making my new cousin’s bear and decided that I wanted to learn how to make a ‘proper’, jointed bear.
I found a bear shop near my home that ran bear making courses.
Rob paid for me to do one of these courses, ran by Teslatop Bears, as an early Christmas present.
On this course I made an old fashioned mohair bear called ‘Patch’.
I enjoyed making Patch so much that I immediately started to design my own patterns.
Needless to say, I caught the bear making bug and have been creating my own bears ever since.
Brierley Bears are designed with the adult collector in mind, and due to the small parts used in creating them they are not suitable for children under the age of 14